Pages

I was recruited by Michelle Ng and Without Limits to write about my experiences in my final season of College Ultimate. 2011 has many possibilities...let's see how they pan out. E-mail me (robyn-fennig@uiowa.edu)

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

"Beast Everything"

Sunday night, Saucy Nancy had a team meeting where we discussed our personal and team goals for the upcoming 2011 college season. One of my teammates left me absolutely speechless. Kelsey Defenbaugh, one of our rookies who has been playing ultimate since September, revealed that her goal was to “Beast Everything.” Personally, I can’t think of a better way to describe the type of playing style that we all strive to achieve…isn't that why we play?
We all have our own unique individual goals, right? I feel like if I was part of a team with every individual goal was to beast everything, I would be pretty lucky. A team full of people who went for everything, giving as much as they can in each point, regardless of whether it’s a game or practice, whether it’s on the field or on the sideline. Everyone working as hard as they can one point at a time to achieve our team goals. Enough being hesitant. If I'm going to make mistakes, it's going to be aggressively, because I'm going for it hard...not because I'm being timid.

Let this be a lesson, veteran players. Listen to your rookies. Listen to all of your teammates. Because they are just as motivated and inspired as you are. You may have added knowledge of the game, but it doesn't necessarily mean you have more heart. Because I think the rookies have more than we do. Idk about you, but one of my teammates just motivated the heck out of me.

I think this should be my new life mantra.

No comments:

Post a Comment